Volunteer With Our Land Trust
Share your Time and Talent
We need your help.
The Canton Land Conservation Trust (CLCT) is a volunteer-run organization, with only one part-time paid staff member. To fulfill our mission, we rely almost entirely on the time and talent of volunteers.
You don’t need to be a member of CLCT to volunteer with us. We welcome everyone – including families with kids and teens.
Become a Volunteer
There are lots of ways to get involved. Reach out to find one that’s right for you.
Matching your interests & availability
We’ll find volunteer work that’s meaningful for you and fits your availability: from one-time tasks to ongoing efforts, from administrative support to trail maintenance.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Trail work: Remove fallen trees and branches, clear line of sight to blazes, cutting back vegetation so that the trail is clear, design a trail through a newly acquired parcel
- Land care: Mark borders, eliminate invasive plants, trim around meadows
- Stewardship: Watch over a CLCT property and lead efforts to protect or enhance it
- Education: Lecture, teach or demonstrate on a nature topic, indoors or outdoors
- Signage and maps: Create signs, pamphlets or maps to guide visitors through our properties
- Newsletter: Help produce our biannual newsletter
- Pollinator Pathways: Help with planning, planting, watering, and caring for Pollinator Pathway gardens of native plantings
- Fundraising: Support fundraising efforts, help prepare grant requests, design publicity items
- Administrative support: Help organize or update our land and membership records
- Business support: Advise on finances, insurance, organization, planning and other corporate concerns
- More: Do you have special talents, skills or knowledge? Suggest a volunteer role to match!
To become a volunteer, contact us today. We’re grateful for your interest.