Explore the trails
- Blazes: Yellow, blue and white
- Duration: About 1.5 mile total, loop
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Trailheads: Uplands north - Westwood Drive cul-de-sac; Uplands South – circle at the end of Uplands Drive
Take a pleasant walk through deciduous woodlands and, in spring, around several vernal pools. The entrance to the white-blazed trail is in an opening of the stone wall, off the northern section of the blue trail.
The blue trail begins at the Westwood Drive cul-de-sac. The vernal pool can be found along this trail.
The white trail can be found along the northern portion of the blue trail.
The yellow trail begins at the Uplands south trailhead, although it extends up to the sign kiosk near the beginning of the blue trail.
Directions & parking
Parking is available near two trailheads.
- Westwood Drive cul-de-sac: From Route 179, turn onto High Valley Drive for approximately one mile. Turn right onto Westwood Drive and follow it to the end. The trailhead is at the far end of the cul-de-sac.
- In Google maps, search for Uplands Trailhead – north.
- Uplands Drive circle: From Route 179, go east on N. Mountain Rd. until you reach Orchard Hill Road. Uplands Drive is a right to the end of Orchard Hill Road until you reach the circle at the end of Uplands Drive. You’ll have to walk partway down a driveway to reach the trailhead.
- In Google maps, search for Uplands Trailhead – South.
Look for the Canton Land Conservation Trust (CLCT) signs.